Tuesday 21 April 2009

Sakura season in Japan


My friend forwarded me the pictures of Sakura season in Japan, she said I would luv it...yes I definitely do, very lovely..thank u for sharing...told her that I wish I could have a picnic at the park..cold weather or not...hehehe...

So Ze, with a "Sakura" song, I made a short video of it, hope you luv it too.







*****************************************


A Little info:


A cherry blossom is the name for the flower of cherry trees, also known as Sakura (Japanese kanji) or hiragana in Japanese. In English, the word "Sakura" is equivalent to the Japanese flowering cherry. Cherry fruit (known in Japanese as Sakuranbo) comes from another species of tree.

The most popular variety of Sakura in Japan is the Somei Yoshino. Its flowers are nearly pure white, tinged with the palest pink, especially near the stem. They bloom and usually fall within a week, before the leaves come out. Therefore, the trees look nearly white from top to bottom




Japan gave 3,020 sakura trees as a gift to the United States in 1912 to celebrate the nations' then-growing friendship. These trees were planted in Sakura Park in Manhattan and famously line the shore of the Tidal Basin in Washington D.C, and the gift was renewed with another 3,800 trees in 1965.



In Japan cherry blossoms also symbolize clouds due to their nature of blooming en masse, while in China the cherry blossom symbolizes feminine beauty, the feminine principle, or love in the language of herbs.




*************************************

One translation of the song, thou I'm not sure if it's the same as the one I used for the clip :-)


[Song: Sakura / Artist: Naotarou Moriyama]

ENGLISH TRANSLATION
====================
Surely we're waiting,
for the day we can see you again.
On the street lined with cherry blossom trees
We'll wave our hands and yell out.

Whenever we suffer or start to lose heart
We feel we can hang in there
because you're smiling.
We can hear the song from back then
from in those hazy scenes.



cherry blossoms
now in full bloom
scattered fleetingly
I know it's fate,
farewell my friend.
when it's time to leave on your journey,
with that unchanging feeling.
now..

I wonder if now we can say those words without pretense.
Words from the heart,
Words to hope for your bright future.
It's as if the bussling city is rushing us.



cherry blossoms
just floating to the ground
believing one day they'll be reborn
Don't cry my friend, It's a shame but it's time to go
with that unadorned smile...
ahh

cherry blossoms
now flying in the air
eternally rustling
awash in light
farewell my friend
let's meet again here.
on the street scattered with cherry blossoms.





No comments:

Been a while since I joined "Virtual Run" (VR), and with long MCO - Movement Control Order (and no interest from family members..h...